U N F O R T U N A T E
![]() |
| Photo Credit: www.executedtoday.com |
U N F O R T U N A T E
I am awake with a severe body pain, due to the hard and rough thoroughfare i slept on, amongst others. i can't tell if its morning or not, because everywhere is totally dark due to the small window that rested weakly on one corner of the cell. I know others will wake up very soon and i will be faced with the same punishment like i did, since no new culprit is yet to come.
I miss daylight already, the road side i bounced on; with my feet when i leave for school, the birds that settles on the poles; singing like they cared less what becomes of them, i miss my friends, those who were always there for me each time i was down. It's a pity i do not miss my family at all.
I remember how I was taken for granted, my opinions were
useless, my presence was meaningless and my well being was not recognized. I never knew how unfortunate I was, not until now I am in
the midst of some humans who are ready to devour me in no second.
How I got here is a very funny but complicated story, I have
been here; in the cell for three days, I haven’t taken a real bath, everywhere
stinks, sleeping is a nightmare, because this is when mosquitoes decides to
feast on us, when some skinny niggas smoke weeds, that I wonder how they got them, some resume their postponed
fight, while some rip out the unbearable smell from their buttocks, and like i said earlier, its a new
punishment for me every single day, I either look for something that will produce some fresh (indeed) air on the big boss(es), because it is
clear there is no reasonable ventilation in here or allow some use me as stool not considering i may breakdown. \
The watery food they give, which is absolutely nothing to write home about, are
seized from me by these hard looking boys without my consent, but what could I
do? Keep shut, it is. Knowing I am still a new bee, I have to follow
instructions by these boys who have no hope of leaving the cell anytime soon.
What am I even talking about? Its not like I have any chance of leaving this
hell of a place, though i have a family but since I am not worth to be accepted
by them, I have come to conclude that I might stay here to rot away, till my
bones are encircled for something meaningful. Yes! At least I can be useful for
once, it will only hurt that I will be dead by then.
What really happened that eventually give birth to my predicament was, I came back from school hungry as
usual, everyday I leave for school with only a fifty naira note, no breakfast,
just nothing. While others are given five hundred naira, a peck by my mum who I
am now doubting she actually gave birth to me, then they go to school happily with
assurance of lunch and the rest.
I was just left out to survive on my own, if you ask me why,
am sorry but I have no answer to that yet. The only reason i am still alive was the generosity i had received from friends whom i shamelessly beg from, it was a routine everyday.
But that very day, I was too hungry to continue with what I
was almost getting used to, and God so good, I met no one at home but the sweet
aroma I traced to the kitchen. I went straight to the pot to welcome the
attractive and well packaged jollof rice, stirring at me, would have said seductively but it isn't human right?. I remembered my place in
the house and hesitated at first, but I couldn’t resist, so I did what every
human will do, I might be foolish to venture into trouble consciously but I kept
that thought somewhere behind me, settled a large portion of the food inside a
plate and got ready to eat. As I dug into the
food, I moaned in delight, what a privilege! I didnt even bothered to take some water, I concentrated
on the food like it was going to leave me too soon.
I was on the forth round, when I heard a voice in the
kitchen that sounded like a sign of distraction
"hmm hmm". I froze at the spot, finding
it hard to chew the remaining rice in my mouth, that was when I remembered
water, I almost choked, with trembling hands that had once held the spoon firmly, i wanted to pee at the spot.
Her evil eyes stung into mine sternly, like it was going to
attack me in no second. “ you good for nothing fellow, so you have the audacity
to walk majestically into my well furnished kitchen to do some critical
analysis on my food abi!” she shouted at me, pointing her fingers that was well
manicured, with long artificial nails coloured black. “evil!” I sensed.
I was used to her saying irrelevant grammars to my helpless
ears, anytime I did wrong. “Well furnished kitchen indeed”, I thought, still
wondering what would become of me.
If only I was fast enough, I would have finished the food
before she came back, I was in a deep shit. “I am very sorry ma, I was hungry
and I saw some food, so I decided to…” I was cut shot, followed by a dirty slap
that landed perfectly on my face, I swear I saw stars for the first time, now I
can testify what it felt like to see stars when one is slapped, not a nice
experience. I tasted the salty water that flowed my blurry eyes, before I knew
it she had phoned in the police, accusing me of ransacking her house and
stealing her food.
I thought it was all a joke, I mean police are not that
stupid to come running for a case like this right? If you believe right now,
you are wrong because they came running to the house like an hungry lion
waiting for a prey to devour. Hmm, the police are just so heartless, why
wouldn’t they come, when my parent are the rich type, they needed money.
They didn’t even
asked for my view or any explanation, they just dragged me by the trouser, I
managed to buy from my savings and marched me up to the police station, having
collected a large amount of money from
my mother.
No one was around, and I am sure if they hear of my
whereabouts, they will never worry not even my so called father. What a pity I
am brought into this family, who am I to question God? He knows better, though
I am doubting he still remembers me.
Funny right? Yes very funny, I was thrown into a kiri kiri
cell, amongst harden criminals whom I am presently battling and coping with.
Wondering how I managed to write this story? That’s a story for another day.
I am Kola, the sadden one.
#Taisah…
Yes! I am done with my first story here, how do you see it guys? Drop a comment, let's see your reactions. I got an inspiration to write this, due to the song i listened to recently.
It really sucks to be left out, and that was what Kola had to face, it's a pity.
Alright i stop here for now, make sure you subscribe. I mentioned something concerning me creating a page for my write ups on facebook, well, i am still on it. Will let you know once i am done.
You can add me up on:
Facebook: Hasiat Yusuf
Instagram: _taisah
Much love!

Comments
Post a Comment